Betocrete C Series
Now a worldwide established technology, crystalline concrete waterproofing has moved past traditional static capillary liner and pore blocking systems. These are unable to deal with any post cured secondary cracking without incurring remedial costs, wheras our product offers designers the chance to have a system that is “Permanently Active.” Wherever water and free lime are present crystalline growth continues, protecting the concrete for the life span of the structure.
The Betocrete C series product group is a next generation crystalline concrete waterproofing additive with innovative and permanently active 2 in 1 technology, which is both a hydrophobic and micro pore blocking admixture using crystal forming ingredients. These produce millions of nano-crystals to stop water transport mechanisms, thus increasing the long-term durability of the concrete.
Double the power to waterproof and protect concrete.
The 2-in-1 technology
Crystalline technology reduces water penetration through the formation of nano-crystals
Hydrophobic waterproofing agent additionally minimises the penetration and absorption of water.
The smallest pores and micro cracks become filled with crystals and are impermeable to capillary water – FOE becomes FRIEND, as any water penetrating the structure behaves as an activating mechanism for the crystalline ingredients throughout the entire concrete element.
Crystalline Reaction How does it work?
Reduction in water penetration.
- Water is passing through the capillaries and cracks
- Waterborne harmful materials also penetrate inside the structure
- These materials can attack the concrete structure and reinforcement
- In addition to this the expansion/freezing water will result in spalling
- The beginning of reaction of the crystallization
- The passing water and the solved CO2 reacts with un-hydrated cement CA(OH)2 BETOCRETE - C
- Nanoscale crystals are starting to grow at the sides of the cracks and capillaries
- When this process is complete the whole structure of the concrete is waterproof and protected against moisture ingress
“Self healing” Concrete
With every new contact with water, the active ingredients form new crystals – and remain “Permanently Active” throughout the life of the structure.
Extensive tests show that products in the BETOCRETE-C series will achieve an auto-reactive, crack-healing function with outwardly spreading cracks up to 0.5 mm and continuous cracks up to 0.4 mm. This lowers the repair costs of the building.
Improving the Durability of Concrete
The use of BETOCRETE-C products reduces water penetration by up to 80%. Independent testing institutes of concrete producers themselves show for water impermeable concrete formulas with a mean penetration of 25 mm, a reduction to 5 mm. The water vapour permeability is also lowered by around 10 times.
- Unique 2 in 1 technology provides a higher level of protection than static or existing crystalline systems.
- Easy application - Betocrete 360P is dosed into the concrete at the batching plant, using ISO 9001 controlled factory produced pre-measured bags – 1 17kg bag per 6m3 concrete truck.
- The concrete itself is the waterproof membrane.
- atal recommend using ready-mixed concrete suppliers operating under the Quality Scheme for Ready mixed Concrete (QSRMC) or BSI Kitemark scheme only.
If you need help or advice regarding any of the Type A, Type B, or Type C Structural Waterproofing options for your project or property, please contact us on 01495 717202, or alternatively you can contact us online and our team will get back to you.