In the past designers and specifiers have typically chosen one solution over another for new build construction projects.
However, with the financial implications of program build delays, and the additional costs of remedials associated with water ingress, it is now becoming more widely accepted that a multiple system approach and in particular, a combined system strategy utilising a membrane system (Type A) in conjunction with watertight concrete (Type B) to provide two elements of protection thus further minimising any risks, is more appropriate.
All buildings with sub-structures require waterproofing as a way of delivering the design life durability for which they were intended, incorporating best practice design principles at the construction stage is the most cost-effective way to maintain its value through its service life.
Advantages of using the atal Combined System Waterproofing System:
- atal take the design responsibility for the complete waterproof strategy and specification.
- Single source of responsibility for the waterproofing element
- Single source 10year guarantee, with an additional insurance backed guarantee, extendable by request.
- Two lines of defense, minimising the risk of defects
- Technically Compatible Systems
- Single source of supply and responsibility for Design, Supply, Installation, on-site training and support
- Complies with NHBC Chapter 5.4
If you need help or advice regarding any of the Type A, Type B, or Type C Structural Waterproofing options for your project or property, please contact us on 01495 717202, or alternatively you can contact us online and a member of our team will get back to you.